You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Photography’ category.
Some people always ask, how do you become a good sales person? I think there are alot of qualities that differentiates between a good and bad sales person. But one thing that sales people should always remember.- which is ofcourse very important…
Know your product and always try to be honest! – the customers do appreciate these type of kind gestures!
This was taken during my last trip to Turkey.
Believe me, in Asia, I dont think they have the guts to do these type of thing! In fact they will tell you otherwise.
I was in Athens, Greece this last April and I saw this graffiti – natural reaction? Camera out and Snap! Say Extra cheese ?!?
You know the times where you try to defend your blurred photos and pretend that you knew – and you go… “It would have been better if I did bring a tripod along”. People sometimes bite and agree, whether you are being honest or just giving out your best BS, the FOZI tripod might be of good help. Nice product design which can be carried everywhere, anytime.
One thing I am skeptical about, I went to the website and saw that they sell it in pack of 5’s, is it that flimsy that you need all the spares?
Hmm… anyhow, I like the design, the idea is simple, and I love the typeface!
And yet, another addition to my plastic camera collection.
From my first roll:
see more of photos.
Some might not understand what I meant by “D-Day”, actually it is just a subtle way of saying the word BIRTHDAY. And since I am talking about myself, I get a little bit shy. 🙂
Okay to get straight to the point – My birthday this year went really well, it was a blast, I got my sort of surprise pressies as well as some real genuine surprises… which had caught me off- guarded, making my day really special and memorable.
It all started one day before my actual birthday and carried on until the next day…
1. Sept 7; 2:00pm – Blind folded, dragged into the car to go somewhere… somewhere I don’t know…. it turned out to be at Ben & Jerry’s, Dempsey Road.
2. Sept 7; 3:00pm – I was told by my colleagues that my gift won’t be coming – in time for our celebration (the gift was purchased online and it takes 1-2weeks to deliver). The present was a no surprise, I know what I wanted and I made sure that my colleagues knew about my “Wants” 😛 .. what was surprising was to receive and open a supposedly “stand up” gift which ended up to be the actual gift inside the package…
3. Sept 7; 8:00pm- Me, My boyfriend, Jacques, Civon, and the Swiss Shooting Team went to eat dinner in Timber at Boat Quay.
4. Sept 8; 12:01am – After dinner, we invited our other friends to play pool, while engaged in playing, I didn’t realized that it was after midnight already when my boyfriend causally asked me to get something from his bag, I never thought that it would be a surprise, but as I open it, I saw my gift, and it is one of the things I have been eying to buy for some time already.
4. Sept 8 10:30am (actual day) – I heard a knocking sound at my front door while I was cleaning my house, I peep into the peep-hole – – Flower delivery from my BF! – totally unexpected and surprised again.
5. 7:30pm – Dinner time, I was instructed by of course who else ( BF) to be ready for dinner at 7:30pm, of course I was not ready by then, I thought that there were no reservations made, so being late was not an issue. I went down to the lobby at about 8:00pm, he was on the phone and I heard something like “We might be a little late”, then when he saw me, he quickly hang up.
I was now thinking… hmm, another surprise? Wow! it’s not yet over? so I asked him, where are we eating? just as he told me the previous night, I got the same answer(Holland Village), so.. ahh not a surprise, but as we get into the cab, I was shock to hear that the address he gave the driver was something I was not familiar with…- another surprise!
After everything, looking back at that day, I really felt privilege and blessed… to have such beautiful and loving people around me that made the extra effort to make my day so special and memorable. ( To include all the people who remembered to sms & emailed me their birthday greetings). Thank you!
A big thank you to everyone. Selwyn + Apeans + Friends.
The rest of the snaps will be uploaded soon.
Ok to make this short, sweet and direct to the point, this blog entry is for my family, friends, boyfriend, girlfriends or even strangers out there that comes to view my blog.
In less than a month my birthday is coming and these are the things I really want and wish to have. Whether I buy it myself or a love gift from others… I need to have the following.
You would noticed that most of these things are related to my attempt to do a photography come back, I was into photography back then, but when I stated working, I became busy and just couldnt juggle my time between work and hobby.
Two years into working, I find it easier to balance my time, hence, back to photography.
I have a flickr account but on free mode, with the rate I’m going now, I don’t think the free account is enough, it only allows me to upload up to 200 photos, and has a limit of creating 3 sets only. With this, I have to be careful with the things I upload so that I don’t use up the available space so quickly, but even so, I just know that I need more space.
My LOMO LC-A accessories is also one of the things I’m going to buy sooner or later, I have been researching the internet and found out that, I can do a whole lot more with the possession of the above accessories, in terms of better control over my pictures as well as improving my LOMO techniques.
Anyway, as thick skin as I can be, this is the truth, for the past 26 years, I don’t recall wanting to have something on my birthday, it is just now.. I don’t know why…
Anyone? I promise that I will send you guys a nice photograph, complete with my signature and a thank you note… hey, you never know, I might be famous one day…and my photos and signature will be worth 10 folds the gift amount.
I came across some interesting photos during my photolib spring cleaning last weekend. Here are some of it…
I remembered taking this image during my visit to the printers. It was late, I was tired, the printers are still cleaning the machines, then I saw this…it lighten my mood by half.
After our not so well-received presentation, I had a whole chunk of blue-tac leftovers, I was disappointed and wanted to sleep through it. Hence, this photo. The rat was my pre-existing computer accessory during those days.
My Sumo Uncle. 2006
My uncle visited me here in Singapore last year. I didn’t get a chance to take time off from work, taxis were their best friend. One day, I saw them leave the house to board this very interesting taxi…
It was a good time spent cleaning up my photos, It made me reflect on the things I have done and experienced during the past years….
If you haven’t heard of Lomography, Lomo, Holga, LC-A, Super Sampler and etc… then you must visit the Lomographic Society website. Lomography photographic techniques appreciates the element of surprise in every shot taken with your camera. There are 10 Golden Rules that you need to take to heart while using a Lomo camera, it can be found here.
I have been shooting using my lomos since 2004 and I have been happy with my results may it be bad or good. With your lomos, you need to experience the trial and errors involve, this is also the reason why it is so damn FUN- get familiarized with your camera to get the best result, two contributing factors are 1. All lomo cameras are unique from one another, techniques are usually very personal. 2. The famous tag line ” Don’t Think, Just Shoot!”
My current lomo equipment:
3. Super Sampler
5. Color Splash
My Wishlist: (hint, hint! my birthday is coming soon!)
2. Fish Eye
Ok, before i get carried away further, I have finally uploaded some of my lomo photos, for now I have only uploaded the first batch as I’am still scanning the rest. (so pardon me for this)
You can view the rest here. Comments are very welcome.